Robbery|Private Investigator|Long Beach
Robbery is a term that refers to a serious criminal offence that involves forcefully taking money or property of another individual by instilling fear or using violence. Robberies often result in murder. There are several types of robbery:
– Armed robbery – use of a weapon for intimidating or assaulting the victim
– Masked robbery – use of a mask to conceal the identity of a robber
– Unarmed robbery – robbery without the use of weapons
– Robbery with confining and instilling fear – intimidation of victim by restricting his/her freedom with subsequent larceny
– Attempted extortion – intimidation of the victim into surrendering the property willingly in order to avoid assault
– Unarmed assault with the intent of robbery
– Highway robbery – robbery in public or open places
– Carjacking – stealing vehicles while threatening the driver.
The following are the most important steps in robbery investigations:
– Checking the facilities alarms for operating conditions.
– Determining if there was an unauthorized access to the property.
– Determining if the response to the robbery was associated with the alarm.
– Determining if the response authorities were in possession of the sketches of high value facilities.
– Checking the closed circuit TV for operating condition during the robbery.
– Obtaining victim and witness statements.
– Evidence collection, marking, and preservation etc.